FIREPLACE SAFETY INFORMATION
When enjoying your fireplace, stove or insert, it’s important to remember these basic safety precautions:
- Fireplaces, stoves and inserts, become hot during operation whether they burn gas, pellets or wood. Keep clothing, furniture, draperies and other flammable materials a safe distance away.
- Fireplace glass and other surfaces get extremely HOT and can cause burns if touched. Factory-provided protective safety screens, or aftermarket free-standing screens or barriers, help to reduce the risk of serious burns, as they can prevent skin from coming into direct contact with the glass or fire. However, screens also retain heat so touching them is not advised.
- Keep children away from fireplaces, stoves and inserts. All parts of these appliances get extremely hot and should be treated with caution. Supervise children and pets to ensure they stay a safe distance away.
- Discuss fireplace and stove safety with children, and make sure they know they should never touch the glass panel of a fireplace or stove.
- Keep fireplace remote controls out of the reach of children.
- Fireplaces, stoves and inserts (and their surrounding material) will remain hot for a period of time after being turned off, so caution should be used at all times.
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the safe use and maintenance of your hearth appliance.
- All hearth products need to be maintained and operated properly in order to function safely and perform at their best.
- To fully understand the necessary steps involved in proper operation, read the manufacturer’s instruction manual and consult with Fireplace Distributors of Nevada for information on hearth accessories and safety products.
** Annual service and maintenance for your fireplace, stove, or insert is highly recommended – click here to schedule your service appointment today!**
Gas Fireplace, Stove and Insert Glass Safety Tips
From the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association